Tuesday, April 6, 2010

To remember





Photo from Tea and Toast


It's easy to be negative.

It's easy to let the dark parts of life overshadow the innumerable beautiful and good things in life.

Lately, the negativity has been cycling around in my head.  I am blaming the winter and my age for the very slow process of coming out of the depressed mood that shows up every February - that now expected malaise from February is somehow still present in April.  


I am going to remind myself that the thought shouldn't be "I have to go to work" or "I have to clean the house" or "I have to go and run", but that I'm lucky enough to say that "I get to" do all of things, on top of all the other really good things that are happening in my life.


I have to remind myself that, really, I am very lucky and grateful for this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment