Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summertime = Weddingtime

Personal photo

May was totally focused on family (and by "family" I mean the extended family - family of blood and family of friends).  My brother got married this month and it was a sincerely amazing experience.  I can say, without a doubt, that every person at this wedding was there because they wanted to be there and not out of obligation.  There was so much love and joy just to be with one another.  It was almost like a celebration of recognizing the incredible friendships and relationships in our lives as opposed to just another wedding.

The number of times the Korean ahjumahs asked me about when I'm getting married or if I have a boyfriend was kept to a shockingly low number of eight instances.  It was annoying and familiar at the same time but not unexpected.  I told my friends that if the count got to ten I would just go over to the bar and take a shot.  Thankfully, no shots needed that night.

Best wedding ever.

Three more to go...

Personal photo



1 comment: