Thursday, July 22, 2010

Existential Blahs


                                                           Brooklyn Ale House, originally uploaded by Science heroes.

Indulge me for a moment.

So here I am, closer to 31 than 30 and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

My job is extremely stressful for me and has been for several months now.  It has me questioning my abilities at work and the qualities I have as a person (crazy, I know).

My doctor put me on an antidepressant three weeks ago because my mood is so effected by this stress.  Thankfully, it seems to be working.

Anyhow, I know I need a change.  I feel that people shouldn't dread their working life.  There has to be a way to merge the things that you enjoy in life and a job that pays the bills. 

Can someone please help me figure out what that is?

I feel like I'm faking it as an adult.  And yet, here I am in a career that I never imagined I would have and that I know I need to change for my own health's sake.

OK, enough of that.

Less self-indulgent and moody posts to be posted shortly.

2 comments:

  1. Someone close to me is going through a similar thing at the moment with a job that is not satisfying, fulfilling or contributing to anything other than lining the pockets of others. Sadly I don't have any answers, so if you happen to find some, please share.

    As for your qualities as a person, I don't think those should in any way be put into question by any job. You're a great person, and your job can't change that, unless they have you drowning puppies or robbing old ladies or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words Brad. :)

    ReplyDelete