Wednesday, December 1, 2010

To remember

I am in Brooklyn sitting in my almost put together office in my almost put together apartment (pictures to come soon).  It's only been the first few days of truly being alone in my new apartment.  Starting work has been delayed which is actually a good thing (except for the whole not making any money just yet thing - not so cool).  Having time to set up the apartment and to explore the neighborhood and run to the city has been pretty great.

I have learned that my sense of direction is terrible.  Apparently, what I must do when I get off the subway and get to street level is to go the exact opposite way I think I want to go.  Every single time in the last couple of days I've gone the opposite direction of where I need to go.  I'm debating as to whether or not I can buy a small but working compass for the discreet directional check.

The other thing is that I am feeling a need to get crafty again.  It's largely due to the fact that I have a lot of free time and the weather is turning colder and crappier.  I will continue to force myself out of the apartment to get acquainted with this new place but I am looking forward to starting these projects. 


Lovely Leaf Lace Scarf pattern from Purl Bee

Easy Mistake Stitch Scarf pattern from Purl Bee

Simple Pleasures Hat pattern from Purl Bee

(And totally random but appropriate for the pending cold weather)

Two Minute Weekday Steel Cut Oats recipe from Giver's Log

No comments:

Post a Comment