Sunday, December 5, 2010

Good for you

Lately, I've been inspired by blogs like 30 Bucks a Week (fellow Brooklynites!) and am trying my hand at making some things from scratch in order to save some skrilla.

So far:

I tried making some bread but failed miserably.  Half of the dough I made into tortillas and the other turned into a big, hard brick of whole wheat something or other (definitely NOT bread).  Will be trying this again but not anytime soon.

Went to Chinatown to score some cheap groceries and Asian ingredients.  It was a lot of fun and I will definitely be going back to do this again and again.

This granola is in the oven (used 1 cup rolled oats and 1 cup steel cut oats - it came out perfectly).

I'm going to try to make my own yogurt.

Also, looking into the Park Slope Food Coop.  Wondering if I know anyone who's part of it and what their experience has been so far.  More on this later.

2 comments:

  1. Feel free to email us thirty a week at gmail dot com if you ever want a tour of the Coop or a baking tutorial!! I have been on a BIG bread baking kit lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need help with the bread baking - I don't know if my water wasn't warm enough for the yeast to be activated or what! Thanks for the offer - will definitely be taking you up on it.

    ReplyDelete