Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Time

Union Square, originally uploaded by Science heroes.

The past couple days have been pretty uneventful.  I'm waiting to start work so I have a lot of my time on my hands.  I've been keeping busy and have enjoyed exploring but surprisingly, I do better with some kind of structure.  Who knew!

Yesterday I woke up early to go take care of pre-employment things for one of my hospitals. This consisted of another physical, another PPD test, and more shots.  It started snowing a little bit while I was out and that made the cold seem bearable. Got back to the apartment, started making some yogurt, and curled up with the cat for a movie and some knitting.

This morning I woke up to a huge vat of yogurt. It totally worked! I'm definitely doing this again.

I did some Christmas shopping in the city today.  It was a pretty gorgeous day and it wasn't too crowded.  I spent quite a bit of time in Muji.  Someone once described it as the store for people with serious OCD.    There are containers for everything that you may need to organize your home.  They also offer housewares, clothing, Japanese pens and notebooks, and a small selection of toys.  I especially love their City in a Bag.

City in a Bag - New York

They also offer Paris, London, and Tokyo at a very reasonable price ($14).  Would make for an awesome holiday gift, for little and big kids alike.  

No comments:

Post a Comment