Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Missed connections


I've been following Sophie Blackall's Missed Connections blog for the last year or so.  I don't remember how I got to her site (maybe through A Cup of Joe?) but I'm glad that I got to it.  Sophie Blackall creates paintings based on Missed Connections posts from NY's Craigslist.  She creates prints of these paintings and has them, as well as some paintings, up for sale in her Etsy shop.

She is currently offering 20% off all prints from now until Valentine's Day with the coupon VALENTINE2011.  Just enter the coupon at checkout to apply the discount.

Some of my favorites:

When I Put Your Coat Collar Up

We Shared a Bear Suit

Knitting Girl on 7 Train to Sunnyside

My Dreamy Neighbor

Here's a short video on Sophie Blackall.  Makes New York seem that much more romantic and sweet and small.

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazing! I love these drawings, and the fact that they are made off of the missed connections is fabulous

    ReplyDelete