Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New to me


Last night I ended up hanging out in Williamsburg.  I met up with my friend who was visiting from Columbus.  He suggested we meet at Il Passatore, one of his favorite restaurants in the neighborhood.  I walked in to a cozy space, complete with a small bar and lots of two tops that would make for an intimate meal.  My friend had the duck and polenta and I had the butternut squash tortelli.  The food was delicious, cheap, and the environment very pleasant.  I think we'll be having dinner there again when my friend is back for his next visit.

After dinner we walked a couple blocks to a new bar called Tuffet to meet up with some friends.  Tuffet reminds me very much of Mouton back in Columbus, but with a more chill environment.  Tuffet offers cocktails, wine, and beers as well as a great selection of craft meats and cheeses.  The space itself is, frankly, pretty gorgeous.  Tuffet is brand new, not even two weeks old (opened on New Year's Eve).  I anticipate this place getting popular very quickly. 

14 Bushwick Avenue
Brooklyn, NY

286 Graham Avenue
Brooklyn, NY

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I haven't been here yet, I will try it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll like it! The staff is really great, too.

    ReplyDelete