Monday, January 10, 2011

Quick notes

Posing for tourists (after the ride at the Union Square subway stop)

Did the No Pants Subway Ride thing today.  It was fun and cold.  I also met a lot of really nice people.  A longer post is in the works.  In the meantime, there's already been some pictures posted from the event.

Recently read about this single's event at the Bell House called the Hundredaire Matchmaker.  I'm trying to convince my single friend to go and to take me with her because I am curious as to how this thing works.  We'll see if we make it down.

The Bell House has some other upcoming events that peaked my interest.

This Wednesday, there is a lecture from The Secret Science Club (FREE).

On Valentine's Day there is a performance of The Rejection Show.  (Thinking about going as J won't be here until the following weekend.)

From the site, a clip of one of their previous shows:




They also have a free dance night every fourth Friday of the month.  I'm out of town for this month's but will definitely be going to next month's.


Random thought - saw a couple girls wearing short sleeved turtleneck shirts today and found it confusing.  Can someone please explain them to me?  I feel like it's akin to wearing something like a knitted tube top.  It doesn't make sense to me.  (Sincere apologies if you think short sleeved turtleneck shirts are rad - maybe you can explain them to me?)

1 comment:

  1. that young woman's story about the halloween mormon dance was hysterical! loved it.

    ReplyDelete