Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I say I don't like surprises, but truthfully, I like surprises.

This is a cupcake with a cookie hat.

I'm not a girl who goes to mush over Valentine's Day.  I don't expect flowers or presents or any of that stuff.  I have always thought that Sweetest Day was a made up holiday that serves to only have people buy more flowers and candy and such so that they aren't made to feel guilty about not celebrating a fake holiday. 

However, this year it turned out a little differently than previous years.

Imagine my shock and delight when the above cupcake showed up, hand delivered by J, in from Ohio to surprise me for Valentine's Day.

Do you know what the strange part is?  I had a dream the previous night that he had come to my office to surprise me. 

Spooky. 

But somehow not surprising. 

And altogether exactly how things should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment