Monday, February 7, 2011

Tiny


Slinkachu is a UK based artist who creates street installations but on a very, very small scale.

From his bio:

"My 'Little People Project' started in 2006. It involves the remodeling and painting of miniature model train set characters, which I then place and leave on the street. It is both a street art installation project and a photography project. The street-based side of my work plays with the notion of surprise and I aim to encourage city-dwellers to be more aware of their surroundings. The scenes I set up, more evident through the photography, and the titles I give these scenes aim to reflect the loneliness and melancholy of living in a big city, almost being lost and overwhelmed. But underneath this, there is always some humour. I want people to be able to empathise with the tiny people in my works."

You can buy prints, buttons, and his book by visiting his website.  You can also follow his most recent work on his blog.

I really like the idea of street art and street installations that are minuscule and not immediately obvious.  

I think it would be amazing to find one of these while walking around the city.



[They're+not+pets,+Susan+1+-+blog.jpg]

[Local+amenities+for+children+1+-+blog.jpg]

1 comment:

  1. These are so fascinating...and yes Heart Charlie is one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete