Monday, March 7, 2011

Barbour


I've been thinking about investing in a good trench/rain jacket lately.  I came to New York knowing I was most ill prepared for the inevitable wetness and rain showers of spring but was concerned with the immediate threat of winter.  I've put off thinking about rain gear until recently.  

I'm torn between finding some cheap, low end trench that has a trendy cut or investing in a serious, heavy duty weatherproof jacket with the intent of never buying another rain coat again.

I'm in love with the coats from Barbour, a British brand founded in 1894.  Their wax cotton coats seem like the ideal material for keeping dry in a downpour and I love the styles and cuts that are offered.

They have also partnered with J.Crew, offering coats and jackets for men and women as well as some accessories.  

Some of my favorites:





No comments:

Post a Comment