Thursday, March 10, 2011

To do

From the Alice and Olivia Fall Show '11 (Picture from here)

I came across a couple tutorials that I thought were worth mentioning.

Refinery 29 showcased a handful hairstyles from the runway, complete with step by step instructions.  I especially love the loose chignon.  As spring draws closer and closer I'm determined to get out on my bike as much as possible.  I'm toying with the idea of commuting to work on the bike on non-crappy days but (this is ridiculous) was worried about having helmet hair at work.  I think this easy updo is going to be my go-to for biking days.

From here

Honestly WTF consistently posts really great DIY tutorials.  This tutorial for a braided hex nut bracelet was inspired by Philip Crangi's Giles & Brother Hex Collection and to be honest, I prefer the DIY version.  

I haven't made anything in a long while but feel the itch to start creating things again.  I'm going to try and get back into the habit of knitting on the train during my commutes.  I think it's about time to start again.  I found myself staring at a woman sitting across from me as she worked on finishing a sock.  Probably a good idea to bring my own knitting along to prevent future instances of knitting envy.

2 comments:

  1. Great links! Also, I support the idea of you biking to work whole<3edly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get there someday - city riding here is definitely a whole other animal but I think it'll happen. I appreciate your support! :)

    ReplyDelete