Friday, March 4, 2011

The Weekend

From the Fujimax, Soft Spot
Painting behind the bar at Soft Spot (Taken with the Fujimax last spring)


This week has totally flown by.  Not too much happened this week except for the normal mundane life tasks (laundry with L, going to the gym, cleaning, working, etc.)  I'm happy to say that I'll be in good old Ohio again this weekend to spend time with J and the fam and to visit with some friends.  It's nice to be able to go back but there is so little time in just one weekend.  Part of me wants to spend a full week back in Columbus to allow for plenty of quality time catching up with my friends while also having time with J and my brother and sister-in-law.  We'll see if I can make that happen.

If I was staying in Brooklyn for the weekend there are a couple things I would definitely be attending. 

Tonight, there is another Brooklyn Boogie at The Gym Park.  It's always a great time and I've met some great people at the past events.  Definitely worth checking out.  They happen the first Friday of every month.  I'll definitely be there in April.

A friend sent this article to me, and it features a few different art shows happening in the city.  The main one that I'm interested in is The Armory Show at Piers 92 & 94.  There are also a number of shows in the neighborhood that look interesting as well.  I'm going to have to hit them up at a later date.

And, of course, Target First Saturdays at the Brooklyn Museum is happening again this Saturday.  At 5:30pm, the Thunderbird American Indian Dancers will have a performance.  There are also a number of lectures as well as the usual dance party going on.  As always, the museum's collection is available for viewing until 11pm. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice list! I will have to check some of this stuff out ;)

    ReplyDelete