Friday, March 11, 2011

The Weekend

This is not my cat. 


I'm back to Ohio this weekend, second weekend in a row.  This was due to me not paying close enough attention to which dates had already been booked for Cbus.  But I'm not complaining!  As always, I am very thankful that J and I have the means to see each other as much as we do.

I don't really know what's going on this weekend as I haven't had much time this week to check on what I'll be missing (ha).  However, there are a couple things I'm going to next week that I think are worth sharing.

Monday I'll be at BAM for a screening of Waiting for Superman with a Q&A session to follow.

Tuesday I'm meeting up with a friend and heading to No Lights, No Lycra.  It's a weekly dance night in Greenpoint.

From an article about the group in Brooklyn Based:

'The concept, created in Melbourne, Australia by dance students Alice Glenn and Heidi Barrett in June 2009, is simple: Create an environment where people can dance without inhibition. “It made perfect sense to leave the lights turned off,” Barrett explained via email from Amsterdam.'

As you may or may not have already gathered I am always down for dancing.

There is also the possibility of a post-work evening adventure to the Empire State Building.  We shall see!

Enjoy the weekend!  I think this is the first weekend where it will really feel like spring.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh amazing, you know I've lived in NYC for 6 years and I still haven't been to the top of the empire state building? I've been in the offices for work, but never the top for the view!

    Wow, you are in a long distance relationship too? That's amazing ;) I am so inspired when I hear about other people dealing with LDR's and being able to make them work. It gives me strength to make my own work, it can be so hard at times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you would like to go you should come with us! My friend is moving at the end of the month and going to the Empire State Building is on her "New York to do" list. They are open until 2am during the week so it would be possible to go post-workday. Let me know if you're interested and I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete