Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring and sundresses

After riding over the Manhattan Bridge from Brooklyn

I had another busy weekend, taking full advantage of the sunshine and warm weather.  Friday was dinner with friends in Williamsburg at Le Barricou and then some games of skee ball at Redd's.  Saturday I met up with a friend and we went for a walk through McCarren Park and over to the waterfront in Williamsburg.  Then it was off to run errands with L.  Sunday started off with my first big bike ride, going over the Manhattan Bridge and then back to Brooklyn over the Williamsburg Bridge.  Later, L and I had a date with an old friend who lives in Astoria.  I met up with some friends at Duane Park in the evening for a jazz show benefit for Japan.  100% of the proceeds went to The Japan Society

Saturday, L and I did some shopping and I am a little sundress crazy.  In preparation for the warm spring weather and eventual hot and muggy summer weather I've been scouring stores for sundresses that can be appropriate for work (cardigan or little jacket over top) but still cute enough to wear out after work.  Also, bonus if the dress is non-constraining and long enough to wear if riding my bike.

I picked up this dress from Urban Outiftters over the weekend (on sale!  And with pockets!) and already have a feeling that it's going to be a staple of my spring wardrobe. 


Also looking for the perfect basket for my commuter bike.  This one looks pretty perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment