Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wanderlust - The Third Stop

I entered a contest via Two Backpackers to be sponsored for my dream travel adventure.  Please take a minute to vote!  You can vote once a day until April 26th at 3:00pm.  For the remaining days of the contest I'll be writing about my top travel destinations.  


Photo: Clouds and sunset over water

OK, so I realize how ridiculously nerdy this is going to sound but I've wanted to visit New Zealand ever since I saw footage on the making of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.  But hear me out.  This country is absolutely gorgeous and boasts a varied and diverse landscape.

Akaroa, New Zealand
New Zealand consists of two larger islands and many smaller islands.  The North Island's climate is subtropical whereas the South Island's climate is temperate and oceanic.  This means that there are both glaciers and rain forests to be found in this country as well as gorgeous coastal views, mountain ranges, and metropolitan city life.  



New-zealand
My wish would be to backpack around the two major islands and camp in order to take every advantage of this varied terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment