Last weekend in Astoria
J arrived Thursday evening and will be here until Wednesday morning. We've been making a loose list of all the thing we want to do together in NYC. We've taken some photobooth photos in two of the five boroughs (the goal being to take one in every borough) and we've been to Coney Island in the dead of winter. We've walked across the Brooklyn Bridge together (J's first time!) and went to the farmer's market in McCarren Park in our neighborhood.
View from the Staten Island Ferry on my first ride
This weekend we are hoping to:
- Ride the Staten Island Ferry and hang out in Staten Island (goals are to find a photo booth and/or the carousel)
- Walk the Highline in Manhattan
- Go see the cherry blossoms at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
- Meet up with friends at Union Hall on Saturday for a performance by Wasabassco Burlesque
- Walk through the Cloisters in Manhattan
- Lunch in Koreantown at Food Gallery 32
- Rent a bike for J and ride over the Williamsburg bridge into Manhattan
I know this is a really ambitious list and we likely won't even get half of this stuff done. Honestly, we're both just very thankful and really happy that we get to spend an extended period of time together. We both know that there will be many more opportunities to do these things together in the future so there's no rush.
Enjoy your weekend!