Monday, May 2, 2011

What I saw

Me and Jon before the Columbus Tweed Ride.  Photo courtesy of Jason Brabbs.

Earlier in the week, my friend Bobby was in town as he is touring with Blueprint, a hiphop artist from Columbus, Ohio.  They are one of the acts on Atmosphere's The Family Tour.  I got to see my friends perform to a packed audience at Terminal 5!  The show was completely sold out.  It was pretty thrilling to be there and to see their set.


The next night I headed down to Le Poisson Rouge to see one of my favorite bands, Battles.  This show was also sold out.  I had my eye on the drummer the entire time.

  
Then it was off to Columbus, Ohio for another weekend visit.  Unfortunately, on the way there the plane had to make an emergency landing due to one of the engines going out.  It wasn't scary and everyone was fine but we ended up in Harrisburg, PA for the night as there were no more flights out that night.  I eventually got to Ohio Saturday afternoon after being rerouted to Charlotte, NC and then to Columbus, OH.  What a pain.

Thankfully, I made it back in time for the Columbus Tweed Ride!  It was so much fun and we had a great day for it.  

Alyssa, Pete, Jon and me before the ride.  Photo courtesy of Jason Brabbs.

Dapper Jon.  Photo courtesy of Jason Brabbs.

Photo courtesy of Jason Brabbs.



Pete and Alyssa rode their vintage tandem!



There was a random bagpiper that walked out of nowhere as we passed the Greek Orthodox Church on High Street.  He started playing as we passed him.

It was pretty rad.


The end of the ride.

I got back to Brooklyn tonight without any issues.  Even though my trip was cut short it was still a great visit and a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to NYC's Tweed Ride in the fall!!!

3 comments:

  1. Your outfit is adorable. Glad you made it through the faulty engines and reroutes to get to the tweed ride in Columbus. I've been meaning to go on one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was really fun. Looks like DC has their own chapter as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I think you guys should consider coming to NYC for the fall tweed ride. Ehhhh??? :D

    ReplyDelete