Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Farewell ReadyMade


ReadyMade Magazine announced that after 10 years of publications the magazine is no more.  From their recent farewell blog post:

"ReadyMade encouraged people to take a much broader view of what they might consider DIY. In the ReadyMade realm, DIY could mean everything from starting your own business to starting your own band...  ReadyMade was about taking your life into your own hands and shaping your own existence in any way you see fit."

I've subscribed to this magazine since its inception (for a third of my life!  Eesh!) and I'm so sad to see it go.  I feel like they captured the essence of what so many like-minded individuals in my generation strive for - to live honestly and creatively, to be resourceful, to be community focused, and to really harness our passions and integrate them in our daily lives.  

Thank you ReadyMade!  You will be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment