Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Summer Essentials



Forever 21 carries so many great sundresses that are extremely inexpensive.  This dress is one of several that I've picked up in the last few months.  With a little cardigan or jacket and some flats they are work appropriate but definitely cute enough to wear after hours.  

Say Yes to Hoboken has a Forever 21 sundress round-up that's worth checking out.   Also, via Not Martha, here's a clever article aptly titled "How to shop at discount shops without looking cheap".  

These sandals:



I found these Blowfish sandals on sale at DSW.  They're still available for purchase and you can order them on-line if need be.  They fit true to size and are extremely comfortable.  

These sunglasses:


Up until a few weeks ago, Fred Flare's brick and mortar shop was less than a block away from my apartment.  On my way home from work I stopped by the store because I had forgotten my sunglasses.  These caught my eye immediately.  I wear them nearly every single day.  Fred Flare has a great selection of inexpensive sunglasses, all of which are available to order online on their website.  I would also recommend signing up for their email list as they send out free shipping codes relatively frequently.


  

I've posted lots of summer hair inspirations and updos.  Joanna Goddard at A Cup of Jo has a ton of really great updo hair tutorials.  You can find all of them here.  

This lip balm:


My friend Amber turned me on to C.O. Bigelow's tinted lip balms.  It gives just the right amount of shine, a little bit of color, and is not sticky like most lip glosses.  I like wearing it alone or with a little bit of lipstick.  Some neutral eye shadow, well lined and mascaraed eyes and you're good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment