Monday, June 20, 2011

What I saw

The view from the River Walk in Downtown Chicago

This weekend I met up with Jon in Chicago for one of his very good friend's wedding.  The entire weekend went by very quickly but we did manage to visit with my friend Kairsten and also to do a little sightseeing.  

I had been to Millennium Park on previous trips to Chicago but I had not been on the bridge that leads from the park to the roof of the Art Institute of Chicago.  We took the bridge over and eventually ended up on the other side of this:


There was an outdoor installation in place by the artist Pae White.  She has a prolific and colorful body of work.

Of course we took a picture.


It was a great trip and a lovely wedding.  It was so nice to spend some time with Jon's friends and to celebrate with them all weekend.  It was also really nice to be able to explore a different city with Jon.  I know we'll be doing a lot more of that in the future.  

More soon.  xo





No comments:

Post a Comment