Monday, August 8, 2011

What I Saw: The Empire State Building (and then some)


This weekend Lisa's family came to town and I got to spend the day with them on Saturday.  Her niece and nephew had never been to New York before and they had a lot that they wanted to see.

We started off at the New York Public Library.



And then made our way over to the Empire State Building.



And then to the Toys R Us at Times Square.





The toy store was overstimulating and after an hour Lisa and I escaped to a quiet corner to try and decompress from the toy store madness.

We had some dinner in the city and then headed back to Brooklyn.  It was fun to play tourist and to have some time with Lisa and her family.  The kids were really cute and excited to be walking around Manhattan.  I asked them what they thought of New York and they said it was hot.  But they liked it.

That's exactly how I've been feeling lately.

More soon.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment