Tuesday, August 16, 2011

What I Saw: Summer Streets


View from the Manhattan Bridge - heading to Summer Streets

Saturday morning I woke up as early as I could manage, hopped on my bike, and headed for Manhattan to take part of this year's Summer Streets.  It was a surreal experience to ride up and down Lafayette and Park Avenue with no cars and only fellow bikers and pedestrians.

Some of what I saw:









 
 






On the Brooklyn Bridge heading home.

It was a great day for biking and the 22+ miles on the bike felt like a cakewalk due to the sheer exhilaration of riding in the city with no cars in sight.  If you missed this past weekend's event not to worry - this Saturday it will be happening again, but it's the last time so go out and ride if you can!

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to take my bike, too, but my hand brake ended up failing me the day before so we ended up just walking it. Which , was pretty nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got your bike fixed! You can ride on Saturday. :)

    ReplyDelete