Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What I Saw: They Might Be Giants

They Might Be Giants at the Williamsburg Waterfront
  
Friday night Jon and I headed down to the Williamsburg Waterfront for a free They Might Be Giants show.  This was the first time I got to see them live and they sounded great.

The show opened with several comedians, including Eugene Mirman, Kristen Schall, Patton Oswald, Jim Gaffigan, and some songs from Jonathan Coulton.  Also making an appearance - Neil Degrass Tyson of the Hayden Planetarium.  Earlier in the evening people in the audience wrote down science questions and Neil Degrass Tyson answered them.



Towards the beginning of the evening it started to rain.  Like downpour kind of rain.  I'm so glad we remembered to bring an umbrella, but even then only the front halves of our body managed to stay dry.  The back halves, not so much.  Some people left but most everyone stayed.  (They Might Be Giants fans are incredibly dedicated.)  It was a great night and I'm glad we stuck it out. 

2 comments:

  1. I am very jealous you got to see those comedians. I love them! And dreamy Neil...lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was pretty awesome. When you come to visit we'll see Eugene Mirman and Kristen Schall. They have a regular comedy night called "Pretty Good Friends." It will be fun!

    ReplyDelete