Sunday, September 11, 2011

Catching Up

Surprise anniversary gift from Jon

This cat print showed up on my doorstep and I immediately started laughing when I saw it.  The resemblance to Nahbi is spot on and the idea of my cat being a girly flower-wearing kind of cat struck me as hilarious.

I felt homesick for Brooklyn for the first time during this last trip to Columbus.  It was a longer trip than normal and although I was so happy to be back, to visit with my family and friends, I missed my neighborhood and my apartment.  I had the chance to see the house on Tulane and was amazed at the amount of space I alone had inhabited for several years.  I hung out with my friend/tenant (who is moving to Greenpoint!) and felt strangely detached from a space that was, and still is, very significant for me.  Maybe it's because I feel like I've started putting down some roots here in New York.  I don't know.  I'm thankful for the social and support system that was already in place when I moved here as it made the transition so much easier but admittedly it took some time for me to feel comfortable.  To feel settled.  I'm starting to relax into the space and life that I'm creating here.  

2 comments: