Friday, September 16, 2011

The Weekend


Fall is here!!!  I'm so excited.

I am a fall baby, born in October and raised in Ohio where fall is outrageous - big blue skies, amazing colors, and nights filled with backyard bonfires and good company in the cool evenings.  

This weekend I have a few things on my agenda.  Tonight I'm meeting up with some friends at Nitehawk Cinema in Williamsburg to see Miranda July's newest film, The Future.  She is one of my favorite artists and I've been looking forward to seeing this movie for months.




Tomorrow I am planning on biking with some friends to Rockaway Beach for the NYC Honey Fest.  This in the first year for this festival and it's happening to celebrate the first full year of legal beekeeping in New York City.  There will be lots of vendors and delicious food.  This will also likely be the last time I see the beach this year (unless Jon insists on going to Coney Island again in the winter...)

Sunday the Brooklyn Book Festival will be taking place at Brooklyn Borough Hall and Plaza.  The day is filled with events and readings by tons of authors throughout the day.  Click here for a full list of events going on that day.



I'm also hoping to meet up with some friends, get some knitting done, and hopefully will have time to see the knitted graffiti currently installed right under the Williamsburg Bridge at Kent and South 6th, done courtesy of Magda Sayeg.  The installation was commissioned by the North Brooklyn Public Art Coalition and is sponsored by NYC DOT and Open Space Alliance.   If you're in the neighborhood, I recommend going for a stroll to see the piece and then a walk over the Williamsburg Bridge.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment