Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What I Saw: Fool's Gold & a Vintage Subway Ride

Fool's Gold at Brooklyn Bowl

Saturday evening I met up with several friends at Spuyten Duyvil in Williamsburg and later walked down to Brooklyn Bowl to see Fool's Gold.  The show was great!  The band played a few of my favorites from their first record and I enjoyed watching them play songs from their second album.  The audience was FULL of kids.  I say kids because compared to me that's what they are.  I think it's the first time I went to a show and accutely felt the + 10 years I have on them.  As Jon said, I had my crazy times when I was their age and now it's their turn.  Good lord.  :)


Sunday afternoon I made it into the city to catch the vintage train that had been running on the weekends in September on the 2/3 express line.  This was part of the promotional push for Boardwalk Empire and the beginning of their second season.  

Some photos:




The train had ceiling fans and the windows were open for the entire ride.  At one point my friends and I noticed the incredible pieces of graffiti spanning the entire length of the tunnel walls that we were only able to see because the windows were open.  I was very tempted to stick my hand outside of the train but of course I kept all appendages inside the car.  It was a fun experience and I'm glad we were able to catch this train before the promotional rides ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment