Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hello!

In Cold Spring with my boo

Hi there!  I haven't posted in a while as Jon was in town for a visit and we were very, very busy.  Also, my computer is acting like a total a-hole and I am considering a new laptop.  That's always fun.

Anyhow, I celebrated my birthday last week!  Thirty-two frickin' years old.  In my head it sounds like this - "THIRTY TWO?!?!?!"  Ha ha, actually I only paused to think about my new age a couple of times and I'm happy to be squarely in my thirties, thank you very much.  Jon and I had a really lovely visit.  We met up in Park Slope after I was done with work on my birthday and had some dinner.  After dinner we went to The Bell House with some friends for a meeting of The Secret Science Club.  The next day we headed out to Beacon, walked around the Dia modern art museum, somehow managed to run into a friend of mine who was also on a day trip out of Brooklyn, and later swam in the hotel pool.  Saturday we drove to Cold Spring and walked around.  Our verdict - Cold Spring is cuter than Beacon.  There.  I said it.  

There was a biker bar in idyllic Cold Spring - see all the bikers?

The leaves hadn't changed all that much but the weather was pretty and it was really nice to get out of the city.  We got back to Brooklyn and discovered that cauliflower can serve as both mashed potatoes AND rice.  Who knew!  We've been trying this primal lifestyle thing out for over a month and so far it's working out pretty well.  So well, in fact, that I am going to meet up with a girlfriend tonight for a free introductory class at Cross Fit Virtuosity in North Brooklyn.  I'm nervous and also excited.  I hope I don't puke.

2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I turn 32 in April... Totally bizarre. I've been hearing about a few people this week who have headed out to Cold Spring, maybe I'll have to take a little trip. Although they probably can't wait for all the leaves to fall off completely, I'm sure they've seen enough New Yorkers for one year :-)

    Oh, and yeah, cauliflower totally rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the birthday wishes! And yes, you should definitely to go Cold Spring. There are tons of antique shops, one very awesome estate and vintage fine jewelry shop, and lots of beautiful views of the Hudson. Oh yes, and hiking! I'm heading back as soon as I can before it gets too cold and we all hunker down in our respective apartments. Will you be back in time to catch the last bit of the fall season?

    ReplyDelete