Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Knit Wit


The air around here has changed with Fall rushing in.  I swear, one day it was hot and humid and the next it was chilly enough to require an extra layer.  I'm certainly not complaining.  Fall is my favorite season and I'm excited to experience it fully for the first time in New York.  It will be strange not to be in Ohio as the leaves start to change.  Fall in Ohio is a glorious thing - big blue skies, bonfires and beers, hiking, evening walks in quiet neighborhoods with the rustling of leaves to accompany you.  I could go on and on.  From what I've been told, Fall in New York is pretty glorious as well.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

As it's gotten colder I've decided to take up knitting again.  I'm starting with a dusty blue cowl, inspired by the chunky knits that I've seen lately in the stores.  My girlfriend said the other day that we should start a knitting group.  I would love that!  I've had a few meet-ups where people got together to knit but really it was an excuse to hang out and have some wine.  Isn't that how most activity oriented groups end up anyhow?

2 comments:

  1. how very old woman of you. ha! kidding. I wish I knew how actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca! :) It's very easy to learn and very satisfying to finish something. It's even more satisfying to give that something to a friend who wears it and uses it often. If ever I get some ladies together you are definitely invited to come and learn how to knit. Or just drink wine and hang out.

    ReplyDelete