Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another Rad Sing-Along at The Bell House





I'm so excited!  Tonight The Bell House is hosting another sing-along.  This time it's for The Sound of Music!  (My 9 year old self just started squealing and jumping up and down.  My 32 year old self just rolled my eyes at my 9 year old self.)

From the event page:

"The hills are alive with the Sound of Music Sing-Along! In celebration of the 52nd anniversary of the opening of the Rodgers and Hammerstein Broadway musical, it's a Sound of Music theme party where we'll be watching and singing-along with the Julie Andrews classic that reminds us all that we were once 16 going on 17. Now, how can we possibly know all the words, you ask? Easy! All the words to the songs will be up on the big screen, subtitled for your reading and singing pleasure. So, you can sing-along until it's time to say so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good night.

Join us for a night of fun, singing and fleeing from the Nazis! We'll be celebrating with a few of our favorite things including:
-Dress up as a nun, put on your best lederhosen or just whip something up from your leftover curtains for the Costume Contest!
-Test out your lungs during the Yodel Off!
-Themed drinks including The Lonely Goatherd, the Von Trapp, Edelweiss and more!
-Tea with Jam and Bread!
-Sound of Music Trivia Competition!
-Pin the Tail on the Goat Contest!
-Interactive games and props to use during the movie Rocky Horror Picture Show style!
-Brown paper packages wrapped up in string!

It's cold out so don't forget your warm, woolen mittens!

** Please note this event will be mixed seated and standing, arrive early for best seat selection."

It's $8 to get in.  Doors open at 7, show starts at 8.

This movie was a big part of my childhood and you better believe I'll be singing along to every single song.  There were a couple parts that always really bugged me.

Leisl's "WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!" after Rolf kisses her and then runs away.  Ugh.  Hated it.

And then the dance in the gazebo between Maria and Captain Von Trapp.  I thought that was weird.  Not romantic and sweet but weird.

I wonder what the movie's going to be like after a drink or two...  Could it possibly make it even more awesome?  I'll let you know.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I HATED the part where Leisl and Rolf kiss! Hated! But other than that, that movie is perfection, and I really wish I could go tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish you could as well! Although the idea of you witnessing me singing like a crazy girl is a little frightening (but I won't be the only one :D).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. So I have never commented here before, but I AM NOW... because I would have *died* to have gone to this!

    I laughed at your description of that kiss/squeal between Leisl and Rolf. I felt the EXACT same way. I can't even think about it without rolling my eyes, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The entire audience squealed along with her. That cracked me up. :)

    ReplyDelete