Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gilt and Glitter

Apologies for the crappy cell phone pics.
 
My nails are ready to party.  I used these Salley Hanson Salon Effects nail polish strips last night and am feeling a wee bit conspicuous working with disco glitter nails.
 
I tore through my closet last night trying to decide what to wear for this weekend's New Year's party.  The subsequent pile of clothes that was added to the "I just got back from the holidays and am not really unpacked" pile of clothes is threatening to take over the bedroom.  The only serviceable item I found was a skirt.  That's it.  Obviously I need something to wear on top but I didn't like anything enough to wear to the party.  I don't know why I do this to myself every year.
 
Someone recently told me that they truly dislike New Year's Eve because of all the pressure surrounding this holiday.  There's so much energy put into planning and outfits and dates and making it a spectacular event.  It's sometimes almost a forced celebration.  I understand what they're saying but for me this is truly one of my favorite times of the year.  I've been lucky enough to spend past New Year's fetes with Jon as well as my brother and sister-in-law and this year will be no different.  I've decided I'm not going to worry about what to wear to the party.  I'm just glad I get to be there with everyone to celebrate this very amazing year with the people that I love best.

No comments:

Post a Comment