Sunday, January 22, 2012

After Hours

Dancing at Museum of Natural History

Friday night my friends and I got to dance at the American Museum of Natural History for their monthly dance event.  Truthfully, the music was not so great (this is why indie rockers who do not DJ should not DJ dance events - learn to match a beat people!) but having a night out with the gang was fun as always.  What was even more fun was being able to see my friend's lab on the top floor of the museum.  We got to see an amazing view of the city from the conference room, hang out on the terrace that wraps around the museum, and see the labs where they do genetic testing and coding for all different types of animals.  Very cool.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've always wanted to go to this but always miss the date and find out after the fact... I'll have to make a bigger effort next time.

    Sounds like you had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I don't think I'll be back unless there is someone phenomenal DJ on the bill. The monthly dance parties at The Brooklyn Museum every first Saturday is seriously where it's at. It's free, the crowd is super diverse and chill, and the entire museum is open to the public until 11pm (dancing stops at 10pm) with numerous other lectures, activities, and events happening earlier in the afternoon and evening. The Museum of Natural History wasn't open anywhere but the dance floor and it cost $$$. I was just lucky enough to have a buddy who works on the inside. :)

    I know Prospect Heights is kind of far for you to travel but it would totally be a worthwhile trip. Especially with all the amazing eateries and bars and boutiques in that neighborhood. Maybe a Zip Car kind of outing? Just a thought. xo

    ReplyDelete