Saturday, January 14, 2012

Crafting OCD



I stayed in last night.  I woke up with a cold and subsequently found myself walking to the subway in freezing temperatures and through huge gusts of wind.  I thought it best to stay in.

Jon and I are planning on making a lot of things for our wedding.  I liked the idea of making some sort of garland but I wanted something different.  I had been meaning to try this tutorial for making little paper stars, thinking that it would make a cute garland.  After watching two documentaries and futzing with many little strips of paper this is what I came up with.  It didn't take very long and I like how it turned out.  I don't know what we'll be using it for but at least I have something to do with myself when the nights turn too cold to venture out.

4 comments:

  1. I love these so much! Just found your blog via Craftzine and I'm really enjoying reading it! Much love sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the yarn through the stars? I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used an embroidery needle - it's thicker than your standard needle and is sharp enough to poke through the star. The stars stay in place because the thread/string/yarn (whatever you decide to use) is thick enough to hold them where you'd like them. If that's not working for you I would recommend making a knot on either side of the star to keep it in place. Hope this helps!

      Delete