Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Quick Notes

You can buy this print here.

I got so much done this weekend while in Ohio and also got to spend some quality time with my family and friends.  There are great things happening for so many of my loved ones.  It's exciting to see everything unfold. 

As far as wedding stuff, Jon and I got a lot done.  One of the two dresses that I had ordered and shipped to Columbus turned out to be the perfect dress.  I am grateful that my mother, sister in law, best friend, and myself were all able to avoid the tedium/torture of going to a bridal boutique and instead got to hang out and share the delicious Korean food my mom had brought with her from Cleveland.  My mother also brought the veil and train that she wore for her wedding.  With my mom's blessing, I'm going to take apart the veil (she got married in the 70's and the veil is really, really poofy) and make it into a something that is more suited for me.  There are also bits of French lace that I think I'm going to incorporate into the bouquets and boutonnieres.  

School started for me at the beginning of this week.  It's really nice to be in the city on a regular basis but I find my fellow students a little intimidating.  They are all really, REALLY well dressed as one would expect from students who go to a school for art, fashion, and design.  I walked by a few guys who were playing hackey sack (!!!) in tailored suit jackets and really nice shoes.  There are tons of native-Korean fashionistas everywhere on campus tottering around in crazy heels.  Oh yes - and on my first day of class Tim Gunn walked by me on 7th Avenue.  He is very handsome, very trim, and shorter than I thought he would be in person.  I am proud that I didn't do a crazy double-take but instead played it cool and glanced at him as he walked by. 

So that's it for now!  More soon. 

2 comments: