Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stars and Stars



More photos here.

Life is starting to get back to normal after that weekend long cram session.  I told myself that I was going to do better with my study habits but it didn't happen.  However, I think I did really well on the exam so it's just positive reinforcement for continued negative behavior.  

Anyhow, the apartment is a wreck and there's a pile of laundry to be done but I did manage some time to dye more of the star garlands.  Priorities people!  

This is shaping up to be a really great and easy project.  The challenge is to figure out how we are going to transport them to Ohio when the wedding rolls around.  Right now they are sitting in mason jars but I want to find something better to ensure they won't get tangled en route.  Jon suggested gift wrapping paper rolls but I have none of those around the apartment.  These garlands are very long so wrapping them around a shorter cardboard tube is just not going to work.  I'll have to think about this one.

If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.


*** Thank you to Say Yes to Hoboken, Craftzine, Not MarthaLe Bebe Blog, and Modcloth for mentioning my previous star garland post.  It seriously made my day. ***

4 comments:

  1. that's so awesome how you are making your own decorations for your wedding. I can't wait to see the whole picture with all the star garlands put up together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle! I'm curious to see what it looks like as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink star garlands. So cool.

    ReplyDelete