Thursday, April 19, 2012

Six Months to Go

Those tired eyes are not from wedding planning.

Jon had a conversation with one of our friends a few days ago.  She said to him, "So, you guys are getting married in six months!"  We both had an "Oh crap" moment because yes, we are in fact getting married in six months.

Wedding planning has hit a lull in the last couple of months.  The crazy dash to get the major elements in place for this party were completed within the first month or so of us getting engaged.  I think once that was accomplished we both had a (maybe false?) sense of security in feeling like we had lots and lots of time to do the rest.  Truth be told, I love throwing a party.  I think if I remind myself that we are basically throwing a big party the tedious details won't seem so tedious.  

It's a funny thing being engaged.  On the one hand, you and your partner are over-the-moon happy and excited to be making this commitment to each other.  But on the other hand, you have feelings of dread in gearing up to plan the actual wedding.  I am very aware that my experience thus far is much less stressful and intense than it has been for many other people but I think that's partly because I set my intention to not get stressed from the planning and also partly because I am a very good procrastinator.  Thankfully, Jon is not.  At least not on the wedding planning.  He's also very patient and knows me well so when he sees me reaching my limit we take a break.  

And really, the fact that I have to wait six more months to marry this incredible man is making me impatient to get married.  I know, totally ridiculous.  

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :)

      I love how your excitement gets me all excited for the wedding.

      Delete
  2. Such a fun post to read! Congratulations!!! I'm sure it will turn out to be a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your vote of confidence Lisa. Right now when I try and envision everything together it seems like a train wreck. I guess we'll see. :)

      Delete