Friday, April 27, 2012

The Weekend

The view of the city is always so gorgeous from here.

Last weekend I took Jon to the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade for a surprise.  At exactly 10:30pm fireworks started shooting up into the air from Roosevelt Island.  The clouds were hanging low that night and at times it looked like aliens were attacking the Statue of Liberty.  Spooky.  We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, through Chinatown and Little Italy and then took the train back to Brooklyn.  My favorite dates are when we wander the city together with no specific destination in mind.  

Anyhow, this weekend Lisa and I will be heading to the city to attend To Have & To Hold, the first ever Etsy bridal event.  After that we plan on walking up to Chelsea Market to check out the Fred Flare Springle pop up shop.  Their brick and mortar shop used to be just down the street from my apartment and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on their new merchandise.

Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment: