Thursday, May 10, 2012

Anticipation and Planning

I'm both looking forward to and dreading these next few weeks.  School is wrapping up in a couple of weeks and I'm currently gearing up for this weekend's trip back to Ohio.  It's going to be packed full of wedding stuff (of course), thankfully with my mother helping me, as well as a first time meeting between my parents and Jon's parents (!!!) and a bridal shower for Lisa.  I'm also preparing for a part-time marketing position that will start the week that school ends and am wondering how I'm going to integrate this new endeavor with my already full schedule.  I explained to a friend of mine who looked concerned after I told her what I've been up to that yes, I know it all sounds crazy but in order to get some real work experience in a new field and to also remain financially stable I kind of have to eat sh*t for the next couple of years, working my full-time job along with this second one until I can make the full transition into a new career.  I think I also said something along the lines of "You know, you've got to hustle baby!"  And then I rolled my eyes at myself for saying something so cliche (but so true!).  I'm curious to see how it all works out.  If there's one thing I've learned it's that regardless of how overwhelmed I feel with my responsibilities I still manage to juggle everything and get things done.  In my mind, there's really no other choice but to finish what I start, even if it means some sleepless nights and less free time.  This is all for the much discussed and agreed upon long-term life goals and hope for literal mobility through a different career.  Will it happen?  I have no idea, but I'm certainly willing to try.

2 comments:

  1. Don't eat crap for the next few years. Rice and kimchi it, baby!

    It's pretty cool that you're so go-getter about this stuff. Yay for your focus and work ethic! It might have something to do with the Korean blood. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could definitely use more rice and kimchi in my life. :) And thanks for the kind words. I know I'm ambitious but I'm also really good at procrastinating. Makes for an interesting combination.

    ReplyDelete