Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Weekend

Slightly blurry from earlier this week - at Maison Premiere

One of best parts of living in New York during the summer is the plethora of events and activities happening all across the city.  This weekend I'll be catching Tune-Yards at Terminal 5 with Lisa.  I'm excited to see them live again but am almost more excited to see Micachu and the Shapes.  I've been hearing amazing things about them for years but have yet to see their live show.  Saturday I'll be heading over to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden for their June Jubilee.  They are celebrating the opening of their new visitor center, complete with free admission to enjoy the gardens that will hold a solar-powered sound installation.  After that I'll be walking over to the Brooklyn Museum to finally see the Keith Haring exhibit.  Admission is free after 5pm as it's already time for another Target First Saturday.  Sunday I plan on catching a screening of Pee Wee's Big Adventure at Nitehawk Cinema, happening at noon.  I'm also hoping to check out the Bushwick Open Studios, happening all weekend.  My friend is participating and I want to check out her latest work.  Hopefully the weather will be nice enough to ride my bike to these events.  We'll see!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment