Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I Survived!

You can't tell from this picture but I'm feeling crazy nervous. But you can tell that I'm chomping on some gum.

Well, I did it. I had my first story telling experience complete with a packed audience which included a group of my amazing friends. Jon had rearranged his travel schedule so that he could be there as well. After I was finished he told me how proud he was. That was pretty awesome.

The experience was GREAT and the other stories were truly entertaining and hilarious. My nerves completely disappeared as soon as I was on stage to tell my story because the bright lights totally turn the audience into a big black blob. I am completely smitten with The Story Collider and with the show's hosts, Ben and Erin. They are taking the month of August off for a little break but the monthly story-telling series will be back in September. I'll definitely make a point to attend.

8 comments:

  1. yay for you, nay nay. a great story and a happy ending! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! A happy ending indeed.

      Delete
  2. aw, many congratulations, girl! you look absolutely adorable!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thanks! That's very sweet of you.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! Congrats! you are such a brace soul! I couldn't muster enough courage to do that even if I tried!

    Love & Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete