Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Slow Summer

Steps in the Ace Hotel

The new work schedule is kicking my ass just a bit. The longer hours make for less free time (obvious, I know) and that makes me appreciate the time I can be home relaxing and recovering before the next marathon day. I haven't done nearly everything that I've wanted to since the summer started but that's okay. I am allowing myself to ease into the flurry of activity that comes with every summer because I know that if I let loose I will burn out and whatever balance I have right now will come crashing down around me. I don't know if it's a symptom of getting older or being focused on work and the wedding but I'm feeling content with being a little bit of a homebody lately. It may also have to do something with the fact that the heat and humidity absolutely destroy me. 

I've made up my mind to do something different every weekend, whether it be going to a museum I haven't been to yet or to take a day trip outside of the city. I don't want to regret not taking advantage of the city this summer because I was stressing over the wedding and crafting into oblivion. Although let's be honest - the crafting into oblivion thing is going to happen more than just a few times this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment