Friday, August 24, 2012

The Weekend

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

I'm getting ready to dash home to straighten up the apartment before a gaggle of my amazing girlfriends come over for a low key hang at my place. I'm going to be mixing up some cocktails for them to try that Jon and I are thinking about serving at the wedding. Brown sugar simple syrup spiked with fresh ginger is something that we'll be trying tonight. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Saturday I'm heading to Rockaway Beach for one final beachy hurrah before it gets too cold to wear a bikini in public (oy) and then will be heading back to Brooklyn in time to hopefully catch Erykah Badu's set FOR FREE at the Afropunk Festival. Sunday is brunch and a screening of this movie and then back to the Afropunk Fest to see TV on the Radio and my biggest girl crush of EVER Janelle Monae. Again FOR FREE.

Let's squeeze out every last bit of summertime fun before it slips away, shall we?

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment