Monday, February 4, 2013

Thirty Days



Today I completed thirty days of my Mile a Day challenge for 2013. I admit, there were some bitter cold days where I felt like I would never make it out of the house but with some encouragement from Jon and my friends I did it.

Since moving to Brooklyn I've loved how living in a commuter city forces you to interact with your surroundings. My daily runs have helped me pay attention to details in my neighborhood that I would normally miss, whether it be weird little pieces of street art, a random dog waiting for their owner and happy for some of my attention or high fives of encouragement from people on the street on cold and snowy runs.

It's true what people say - you never regret finishing a run. And seriously, how can I be mad when these views of the city accompany me as I'm logging my miles?


So, thirty days down so far for this year. Feeling pretty good so far.


You can follow my Mile a Day progress on Instagram, Flickr and Go Mighty. What goals do you have for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment