Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New York State of Mind


Y'all, there's nothing better than spending the day in the city with a dear friend, especially if that friend has never walked over the Brooklyn Bridge.
My friend happened to be in town for work on the same day I had the day off of work. We had made plans well in advance to spend the day together and I convinced her to book a room at the Wythe Hotel in Williamsburg instead of in Manhattan. We met up at the hotel and as I walked over drinking in the sunshine and big blue skies I knew immediately it was going to be an amazing day.
We headed to Grand Central Station to catch a glimpse of Nick Cave's Heard NY. We decided to grab a ridiculously overpriced cup of coffee at one of the restaurants in the Main Concourse and catch up. The view never disappoints.
We made our way to City Hall and over the Brooklyn Bridge and back to Brooklyn. It's always such a thrill walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, especially when you're with someone who is experiencing it for the very first time.
We walked through Brooklyn Bridge Park and then up on to the Promenade. We took the train to Prospect Park and walked some more. We did things that I love and that I think of as classic Manhattan and Brooklyn. It's always nice to revisit these places. I could visit them hundreds of times and it would never get old. 
Exploring the city and finding even more reasons to love New York City is just one of my goals on Go Mighty. What's on your life list? Join the conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment