Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 8 of 30

I tried a podcast for yesterday's yoga session. This guy has a bunch and and it sounds like they are recordings of his classes. There are various levels available to follow but I wasn't feeling it. It wasn't the podcast (I think this is going to be what I use for the rest of my home yoga sessions) but it was how my body felt. I started feeling nauseated at the beginning of the vinyasas and hanging out in downward dog was making me feel worse and worse. I think my body was tired from pushing it the day before with my usual Sunday morning boot camp class and needed some time to recover. I made it a third of the way through a 90 minute podcast before having to stop for fear of getting sick.

I listened to my body and decided to rest for the remainder of the evening. Isn't that part of what yoga is about anyhow? Being attentive to how you are feeling and stopping if you need to? I am going to say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment