Monday, August 26, 2013

From Now Until Then



This photo was taken almost three years ago when I still lived in Ohio. Jon and I went to see Jonsi and it was one of the best shows I had seen in years. 

So much has changed since then and I've been thinking about what the next few years will bring. Right now we don't have a specific plan and I'm not sure if that's something that should worry me or that should bring me some relief. For the first time in a long while the pressure of a large goal isn't looming over me. I'm OK with spending this first year as newlyweds concentrating on making a real home for us here in Brooklyn. I know that this kind of stasis will be temporary but it's been nice to relax into a solid home life without feeling the nagging anxiety that is normally present and pushing me to fill my schedule. I trust that the next step will be revealed to us in a natural and organic way and I've decided not to force the issue. I understand that working on the foundation of our relationship is the most important thing and will only serve to benefit us in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment