Monday, October 28, 2013

What I Saw: Fall in Prospect Park

On Sunday, Jon and I decided to head down to Prospect Park and go for a run. We planned to start at the top of the park and make our way down to meet up with a couple of friends who live near the park. The day was clear and the weather was cool. This is my favorite time of the year to run.

We didn't go all that far - just shy of two miles - but at the end of the run I felt really winded. I had no idea why until I looked at the stats. We were running way too fast.

We caught our breath and met our friends and continued to make our way around the park, this time at a more leisurely pace. The park is a total jewel in the middle of our busy borough. My friend told me that moving closer to the park allowed for a huge change in her quality of life. And not just for her but for her sweet dog as well.

We made our way up and out of the park and spent the rest of the afternoon brunching and catching up. I love days like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment