Tuesday, January 7, 2014

So This Is The New Year

So, how's it going? 

Things have been busy on my end with traveling for the holidays and getting back to my normal schedule. Every year I struggle with transitioning back from vacation mode and jumping into real life again. Jon and I equate vacation mode with being a slug. And damn, is it hard to stop being a slug! We've had some bitter cold days that have made it difficult to get the motivation going for anything other than Netflix and knitting. Oh, and Crossfit. I haven't mentioned it here but Jon and I started going a few months ago and have been at it pretty consistently. If you ever need motivation to exercise, just pony up a large sum of money every month. The potential to waste that money is more than enough to get our asses to the gym, freezing temperatures or not.

So, last year was a damn good year. Jon and I made a point to go and explore our city and surrounding areas. We travelled abroad together for the first time. We finished up our Portrait a Week project for 2013. We celebrated our first year of marriage (hooray!).  We spent quality time with our friends and family and welcomed our nephew into this world. Pretty good stuff.

As we do at the beginning of every year, we sat down to write out some of our goals. A couple of mine were the same as last year's and some of them are new. The one that I like the most is a promise to use our passports at least once a year. It will be difficult as our lifestyles and work loads have changed drastically in the last six months but I think it's a good goal to work towards. 

For myself, I decided that this year I'm going to challenge myself physically and see where this whole Crossfit experiment takes me, both physically and mentally. I am also going to commit to putting in the time to learn Spanish and to improve my Korean. I plan on working on this apartment to make it feel more like home. It's hard to do with the layout and it being a rental, but I'm determined to use this space in the best way possible. I signed up for Apartment Therapy's January Cure to help clear and organize the space in preparation for the projects I have in mind. 

So, that's what I've been up to. I'm open and I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment