Friday, January 24, 2014

There's No Denying It

I think I've been in denial about this winter. Up until this past Tuesday we hadn't had a heavy snowfall. Although we previously had a week of frigid temperatures, the weather had been manageable and sometimes warm. Tuesday brought down a ton of snow. We got released from work early and as I ran around trying to run errands before the worst of the weather arrived, I couldn't help but feel a small amount of glee walking around in the snow. The first major snow of the season is always my favorite. True, after the first day things get disgusting and gross pretty quickly (salty and slushy everything is my least favorite thing in the world), but kicking through mounds of fresh powder while walking along streets transformed by a big blanket of white made me inexplicably happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment